Order your yearbook

Order your yearbook
Order your yearbook today!

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Getting to Know our Future Service Members

by: Allison Romenesko
As students are deciding what to do with their future they are realizing that there are many different options. This year we have seven students that will be joining the military. I interviewed a few of them and asked them which branch they are going into, how they are preparing, what made them want to go into the military, and what they are most excited for. We would like to give a big thank you to these selfless people.

IMG_1458.JPGElias Pirkey said,” I am going into the United States Marine Corps. I am preparing by working out with the poolees (enlisted but not actual marines yet) every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Also working out at school in between those days. Dillon Bricco, my brother’s old friend, joined the Marines, and it opened my eyes to the opportunity of the Marine Corps. A few years later I went to graduation at the end of my freshmen year, and when the future military students stood and were recognized with a standing ovation I really wanted the respect that military members get, and I wanted to serve the country that I love. I’ve always thought about how I could change the world for the better, and I believe that whatever our military leaders have planned for our country will make our world a better place.” 
IMG_1514.JPG

Brett Henderson said, “I am going into the Marines. I’m preparing by going to physical training and eating healthy. What made me decide was my family and I wanted to do something challenging and I wanted to earn brotherhood. I am excited for the benefits and traveling.”    

Mike Lancour said, “I am going into the Navy to be an engineman. I am preparing by working out, studying my study guide, going to DEP meetings, and working out in the shed with my dad and having him teach me some things that might come in handy. I have wanted to do this for a while; it has been a dream of mine. I wanted to serve my country, help out others, and see the world. I am excited for how much I am going to learn from this experience as well as being able to see the world. I am also excited to serve my country because it is something that I really want to do. The challenge and the relationships I am going to make with new people are exciting too.”

Cody Morris said, “I am going into the Navy. I am doing cardio during lunch to get my conditioning up. I decided to go into the military because I want to help and protect people domestic and foreign. I am excited to go through boot camp when I go.”

Zach Verbruggen said,”I am going into the Navy. I am preparing by working out and running daily. This has been something I have wanted to do since I was young. I am excited to see the world and travel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment