Order your yearbook

Order your yearbook
Order your yearbook today!

Monday, December 4, 2017

CYO Season Looms

by Cassie Bevers
CYO basketball is one of the most popular activities here at Little Chute High School. For those of you don’t know what CYO is, it is a fun way to get some exercise with your friends and be apart of a team. The first game this year is on December 2nd. I interviewed a handful of players and they all seem ecstatic for this season to begin.
I interviewed Abby Buchholz, beginning her CYO career this season. She says, “I am very excited to finally get the chance to play with my friends. I hope that we can make it to the consolation championship because I think the regular championship is a little out of reach. I love basketball, so I’m really excited to see where this season will take us. That’s all I have to say about that.”
Olivia Gloudemans, a returning CYO player, seems to be very excited. She says, “I have high expectations for our team this year. I think if our team comes together and plays well we will have a successful season. There are some new girls on our team this year, and we also have a new coach, which we are very excited about. I am excited to see how our team will work together and hope to have a great season.”
Megan Lonigro, also beginning her CYO season this year, says “I am ready for the CYO season to start. I have some previous basketball experience, which I believe will help my team. I am excited to play with a new team, and I am ready for some competition.”
Will Berens, who has played all four years, says “I am very thankful for such a great organization. I want to thank Tim Hartjes for being a great leader and also for doing a great job organizing CYO. I would also like to thank Forest Welch for being not only a great coach, but also a role model. I love playing the game. Although I am not the most talented, I have a lot of fun and a lot of good memories from all of my years of playing.”
As exciting as a season that many people can expect to have, CYO is a fun experience for any student who wants to get some exercise and hang out with their friends. Sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment